2942 North 24th Street #114
Phoenix, AZ 85016
** Frequently asked questions about PayPal payment policies **
This business accepts it, but do you understand it ?
- How do I send you a PayPal payment ?
In the interest of security, I choose not to place any links to the PayPal site from my shopping cart pages so there is no possible way for any 'fraud-terrorists' to imitate or counterfeit my PartsDinosaur.com business identity. So, if you have placed an order that you wish to pay with PayPal, you simply sign in to your account on the PayPal site and click on the "Send Money" tab. You must have a "confirmed address" account to process a payment and I will only ship to that "confirmed address" sent to me on your PayPal payment notice. My PayPal address for payments is firstname.lastname@example.org and please use your order number as the reference for your payment. Please select "I'm paying for goods or services" as the payment type so you can choose your confirmed shipping address with the payment notice. If you would like me to send you a payment request from PayPal, just ask via the message box in the shopping cart or send me an e-mail.
- If your PayPal payment is not received very soon after your order is submitted, I will send you a payment request even though you did not ask for one.
- If your PayPal payment is not received in 48 hours (without any communication), I will send you a reminder from PayPal requesting a payment be made.
- If your PayPal payment is not received after 3 business days, I must cancel the payment request so I can put the items you ordered back on-line for others.
Please know that my on-line inventory is always real-time, and your order removes those items from my available products. Until I have been paid for your order, I won't feel good about reordering to put them back on-line. Good way to double my inventory investment, an experience learned from years of dealing with "reading-impaired" individuals.
- Will a signature be required at time of delivery ?
Yes, in most cases. Almost ALL orders shipped via USPS Priority Mail will require a signature at the time of your regular mail delivery. All orders over $250.00 that are paid with PayPal will require a signature for proof of delivery, no matter what delivery method. That is PayPal's policy and I choose to follow it to protect my business from PayPal's idiotic protection policies and decision-making inadequacies. There's a new twist every week, it seems, and we have learned many lessons the hard way over 11 years =o)
- I have paid many sellers with PayPal before this, why does my PayPal payment not process ?
PD - "From experience, over 12 years of on-line selling, I have chosen to use PayPal's "Sellers' Protection Policy" to protect my business from a new form of on-line fraud that is increasing every day. PayPal will only protect our business transaction (yours/mine) if the purchased item is shipped to a "confirmed address" with the ability to prove delivery and receipt of the shipment. Long story, made short, is. . . . if I ship any package to an "unconfirmed address" and that buyer chooses to tell PayPal that the item was not received (under the "Buyer's Protection Policy") PayPal will refund the payment to the buyer and debit my PayPal account! Yes, even though I can prove the delivery was made with on-line tracking and signature confirmation, the first qualification that PayPal reviews is "was it shipped to a confirmed address?" and if it doesn't pass that test, here is your money back and we will just take it back from ol' PartsDinosaur's account because he isn't protected. ( If you sell on eBay and accept PayPal payments, but have not yet had this heart-warming financial lesson, please listen to the voice of 'sperience ! )". My business decisions and policies are all based on PayPal's decisions on how they protect their business, but not mine!
Click here for PayPal's Seller Protection Policy page [ opens another window ]
- Why do I need a "confirmed address" ?
PD - "A buyer's confirmed address has been checked against the billing address maintained by his or her credit card company or has been verified by PayPal through an alternate process. By shipping to a confirmed address, I reduce the risk that the buyer is using a stolen credit card. (Fraudulent buyers sometimes enter the real billing address of that card to pass the address verification check but try to get you to ship to an address where they can receive the shipment.) PayPal provides confirmed addresses to help sellers make informed decisions when shipping goods."
- How do I get a "confirmed address" on my PayPal account ?
PD - "To confirm your address, you will first need to add a credit card to your PayPal account. Your credit card company supports the "Address Verification System", and that allows PayPal to check that the address you provided for your account matches the billing address that your credit card company has on file. You may be required to complete the Expanded Use enrollment process, to activate your credit card. Your address may be confirmed after the Expanded Use enrollment process has been successfully completed." Have you moved recently and forgot to update your PayPal account? You will need to change the billing address on that credit card first ! Remember, the "confirmed address" is a direct link to your credit card or bank account, so you must start there to update your profile.
Click here for PayPal's "HELP CENTER" regarding confirming your address [ opens another window ]
- I am an international buyer and I have a USA "ship to" address, why won't you let me make my payment with PayPal ?
PD - "If your PayPal account uses the USA "ship to" address as the "confirmed address", your payment will process without problem. If your PayPal account address is an international address, I will be shipping to a different (unconfirmed) address and would therefore not be protected by PayPal's policy. To my friendly neighbors to the north ( Canada ), even though half of your population seems to live in Arizona during the winter, you are still considered international buyers. Sorry. =o)
- I choose not to have a credit card on file on my PayPal account. What other options do you offer for fast payment so I can get my shipment as soon as possible ?
PD - "Now that we can both agree that PayPal may not be the amazing electronic money beamer that so many folks perceive it to be, you can also pay me quickly using any of the following "traditional" methods and I will be happy to ship your order to any US zip code address that you request:
- Secure on-line payments on my web site:
PartsDinosaur Store Payment Page
[ Visa - Mastercard ]
- Secure credit card payment by telephone -- submit your shipping information by completing the check-out form for an eBay purchase (choose "Other" as your payment method) or submit your web store order, choosing "Credit card via telephone" as your payment method. Then, call our payment line to make your payment at 1-602-431-9790 during weekday business hours. If you get a recorded message, please leave your name and phone number and MrsDinosaur will return your call to complete your payment. This line is for payment processing only, please. I can no longer take telephone orders.
- Paper payments via US Mail -- you are welcome to send your payment by money order using any mailing service you choose and your shipment would go out the same business day that your payment is received. (Personal checks are no longer accepted. A shame, isn't it?) Sending paper payment via "1st Class Mail" may take 3 - 5 days to arrive in Arizona so check your calendar and make your choice according to your needs.
- These are the payment methods that I accept and if you don't see it listed here, there is a good reason it has been excluded. If we can conduct a business transaction using this information, we should both sleep well, work smart and get the job done! =o)
UPS Ground Service and USPS Priority Mail shipping to any U S Zip Code !
( click this box to enter my store )
PartsDinosaur.com , 2942 North 24th Street #114, Phoenix, AZ 85016
1-602-431-9790 (payments only) Please place your order on-line before calling !