2942 North 24th Street #114-359
Phoenix, AZ 85016
no phone # here 'cuz I can't possibly talk to everyone on the phone . . .
but I can do e-mail every waking moment, try it =o)
SHIPPING FACTS THAT SAVE TIME & MONEY !
Can you afford to save a little of both? A couple minutes could save you some $ $ $ $
READING _ FOR _ DOLLARS ! It's your money =o)|
How do I save time and money, considering my location?
- USPS Priority Mail (Post Office) service will deliver to most US zip code addresses in just 2 business days, and keep in mind that they deliver 6 days per week. The real sweet spot on this service, if you know that it works for you. . . .a shipment sent on Friday will deliver on Monday! (Compare the cost of that service (shipping on a Friday) to UPS NEXT DAY AIR, same delivery day, huge difference in price. Yes, even on the east coast! USPS Priority Mail packages are loaded on FedEX airplanes only a couple of hours after I take them to the main post office in Phoenix. In most cases, your package is already in the major airport nearest your address by the next morning. It rolls on wheels from there but consider the service if you need fast, but not expensive.
- Look at the calendar before you choose your shipping method! If your order will be shipping on Monday thru Thursday and you want next day service. . . . you get what you pay for with UPS NEXT DAY AIR. But stop and look at orders that will ship on Friday and compare the Priority Mail options. . . . .
. . . . for a package shipped on a Friday:
- UPS NEXT DAY AIR delivers on Monday
- UPS 2ND DAY AIR delivers on Tuesday
- UPS 3 DAY SELECT delivers on Wednesday
- USPS Priority Mail will probably deliver on Monday or Tuesday
- Do your homework before you pay me! E-mail me with any questions you have and I will certainly try to offer you the best suggestions on delivery service and times.
Look for this image on products that will fit into one of the USPS Flat-Rate-Box packages if you are interested in getting a delivery quickly in the mail but at low delivery costs. Save those hard-earned-bucks !! "Size matters" in this case, but there are many packages that can be shipped in this manner and you would receive delivery in just 2 business days, 3 at the most, to any USA zip code address. Items like a timing chain kit, a timing belt kit, a water pump or even both can ship very quickly for only $13.90 total !! This amount will not display in the shopping cart calculated shipping costs, but if you choose USPS Priority Mail for the shipping method, and I can fit your order into one of these Flat-Rate-Boxes, I will adjust your payment after it is submitted to reflect only that amount for shipping. Want to know for certain before you place your order? Just hit the e-mail button and tell me what you want to order (part numbers) and I can verify that the items will fit and ship for less. Try it out !!
- UPS "Saturday Delivery" is an ADD-ON expense and NOT offered in the shopping cart because it is not available to all addresses. So, if that is what you want or need, please communicate in advance and be prepared to pay an additional $15 - $20 for that "extra" UPS service (only offered on "NEXT DAY AIR" and "2ND DAY AIR"). Smart customers will choose "Credit card via telephone" for the payment method, cuz it will be necessary to adjust the total of your payment, or make a second payment ! Of course, if you don't read details like this, how would you know ?
- Live in the beautiful state of Arizona? UPS Ground service will deliver to you on the next business day, and probably for less than the cost of your gas to drive here and back. Friday shipments will deliver on Monday (so order on Thursday!!! =o)
- Live in the Los Angeles area? Because there is a large amount of truck volume returning west to the southern California service area, UPS has designated the following zip codes as the "L A Hot Zone" (from Phoenix) where your package will actually be delivered in only 1 business day on UPS Ground service.
90000 thru 91899 . . . and . . . 92400 thru 92899
Consider using this geographic opportunity to save some of your hard-earned cash. I know from 6 years' experience how much it costs to live over there. . . . and that was back in the 1980's !
- UPS services are dependable and offer a guaranteed delivery day, something that the post office _does_not_do_ with Priority Mail. UPS services only work for the 5-day work week, Saturday and Sunday are not counted as a business day. If you are in Arizona, or in surrounding states, take a look at the map on this page to see how soon UPS Ground delivers to you. UPS Ground service to the southwest delivers just as fast as Priority Mail, and when you get past 2 or 3 pounds, probably for alot less ! Please take a look at that service map to check your location delivery times.
- This icon represents part numbers that are not on my shelf but certainly available from my suppliers on any of my regular daily stock orders. So, if you want to add them to your order, they are available to "Add to Cart" with the understanding that I might need an extra business day to order and receive to ship with your package in one carton. More questions about this, just hit the e-mail button and ask. No reason for surprises when you are trying to work a plan here.
- I will only ship your order using the shipping method you choose in the shopping cart so please look, click on the "recalculate" button and make certain it is really what works best for your schedule.
Most USPS Priority Mail (postal) shipments will require signatures! Because most of the orders we ship are of considerable value, they simply must be insured to protect us both. A lost or damaged shipment can only be satisfied with insurance coverage, and I choose to protect my business on a daily basis, no exceptions. Keep this requirement in mind when you choose your USPS mailing address as someone must be available to sign for the delivery. UPS conditions requiring signatures can vary, depending on the driver, the security of leaving a package in sight from the street, and history of some neighborhood delivery losses. You should always track your package so you know when to look for it to be delivered. The UPS tracking page on this web site allows you to do that at any time, using your 5-digit order number. PayPal requires that all shipments valued over $250 require a signature that can be verified on-line from any delivery service so keep this in mind if you make your payment with PayPal .
- Your choice of payment method can restrict your shipping address options!
If you pay for your order with a credit card, on the phone or securely on-line, I will ship your order to any US zip code address that you enter. If you choose to make your payment with PayPal , please understand the stated policy that I will only ship to your PayPal account's "confirmed address". . . no exceptions . . . as it is the only way that my business is protected by PayPal from a very real and constant form of on-line fraud. PayPal is an accepted payment method but it does have its limitations. PayPal is a very expensive payment method for merchants, and I accept it, but you will note that I make no attempt at promoting this service. (my opinions of eBay and PayPal can be found in another F-A-Q published on this site.)
PartsDinosaur.com , 2942 North 24th Street #114, Phoenix, AZ 85016
1-602-431-9790 (payments only) Please place your order on-line before calling !